The Bible And The Weather

March 8, 2009 Posted by novelistcd

Do you remember, less than one week ago, I blogged about a snow storm in my area, and they closed my job on Monday, March 2, 2009 because of the snow accumulation?

Six days later it’s warm and sunny, around seventy-five degrees, and I’m sitting out on the deck with my family grilling hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken!

My question is, isn’t there a scripture referencing a sign about the end-times where the weather is mixed up and that you can’t tell the seasons apart anymore? I was glancing through my Bible, looking for this scripture, but came up empty, yet, I thought I’d read it at some point! I searched the internet and found the same question posted on this website. But, according to this site, I don’t know what I’m talking about!

So, blog readers, am I confusing said scripture with something else? Does this scripture exist? The first person to give me the scripture I’m looking for will get a free book(s). Or, if you think I’m confused, just let me know! I’ll continue searching for the scripture myself. I want to say I read it in either Revelations or somewhere in the Gospels? Also, I’m not sure if it’s a full verse, or just a few lines of one verse?

***Download a free e-book copy of my Christian novel, Raspberry Kisses!

~Cecelia Dowdy~

70 Responses to The Bible And The Weather

1. pattybera says:

My dear Cecelia,
    First let’s say that you are not confused, you are intelligent, witty and have a creative mind. However, that being said, we are unable to locate a scripture that states exactly what you are looking for,but in Mathew,24:7-29 it does state that there will be earthquakes in diverse places, great distress, sun darkened, moon not give it’s light, stars fall from sky and heavenly bodies shaken. Could this possibly be what you were looking for?

2. Doreen says:

Hi Cecelia! Are you talking about in Matthew chapter 16 verses 2 & 3? It states in my Amplified Bible: (v.2)(Jesus speaking) He replied to them, When it is evening you say, it will be fair weather, for the sky is red, (v.3) And in the morning, it will be stormy today, for the sky is red and has a gloomy and threatening look. You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. I’ll keep looking! Just wanted to let you know this Scripture first.

3. Doreen says:

Oh and I wanted to say that this weather is amazing! I live in Maryland and it IS a drastic change from a week ago with all of the snow. It’s been a lovely day!!

4. Janna says:

I found the same thing Doreen and wasn’t sure if that is what you were looking for or not…

5. Abi says:

Luke 21:7-11 talks of Wars and rumors of wars, Nations fight against nations, earthquakes, famines, etc.

7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
    8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
    9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
    10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
    11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Luke 17:26-37 tells of the evil that will be in the world as in the days of Noah and Lot.

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
    27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
    28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
    29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
    30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
    31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
    32 Remember Lot’s wife.
    33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
    34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
    35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

6. Admitting my ignorance, I want to say I was happy find out the “origin” of the red sky at night weather predictions!

I found one other verse that may apply to what you’re thinking about, Cecelia. Acts 2:19-20
    “I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke.
    The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood
    before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.”

Tammy Doherty

7. Sista Cala says:

I too have heard what you are talking about and I will continue to search the scriptures.

By the way, how did you find Timeless Text Messages?

My sister is a novelist, perhaps you have seen her blogs; Hope lives and Beneath the Ivy Wreath

8. Jodi says:

Like most Christians, I have always heard that in the last days you won’t be able to tell the seasons apart one from the other. I don’t think that this is an actual Bible scripture in any version of the Bible. I think it is generally an addition taught (or spoken of in reference by pastors) when trying to preach on some parts of the Gospel or the end time Revelations. In the New Testament it’s mostly where Christ talked about in scripture the signs to watch for of the end times, etc., learning about the fig tree. He said when you see these things happening, you will know the end is near. The Bible also talks directly of happenings in Revelation that can have an effect on the weather, such as earthquakes, famines, etc. Also in Joel 2:30-31 it says: “I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.” I think all this is made in reference to the weather being unpredictable…seasons not being like they were years ago and things happening out of season, etc. It’s very interesting to think about though. Especially because of the way things are now, so many uncertainties.

9. Thelonious says:

This has always been an odd duck. We all seem to know this concept that we’ve all grown up with yet no one knows where the scripture is.

And that means there likely isn’t one. If it were it would be all over the internet by now considering recent developments with global warming, climate change, etc.

The closest I can figure is it originated with a rather lose translation of Daniel 2: 21

– And he changeth the times and the seasons -

But there may be a better explanation for the origin of this collective memory we all seem to share of a scripture no one can find.

I love a good mystery.

10. Kelly says:

Hello. :)

I know this topic is old, but, I came across this while searching the same thing.

As a young child, I always felt lead to read parts of the Bible (I’m 32 now). I am certain I read the same thing. It was one of those verses that I clung too, for some “odd” reason. I’ve always felt Jesus would return during my life on earth,So in the back of my mind I would always think, I know when the end was closer by the weather changes… seasons would be, “mixed”. But Just like you, I can’t find the verse anywhere! During my web-search, I have learned it’s not just a few people. There are a lot of people who say they read it, but have failed to find it again. I truly believe, with 100% of my heart, I read it. I didn’t go to church as a child, so I know it wasn’t put in my head from a Pastor.

Still Searching.

Blessings!

Kelly

• Kelly, thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment! My offer still stands….if you can find the scripture, you’ll get a free book! This blog post is four years old, and, I’ve also re-published this post since then, but, still, nobody’s found the scripture!

• Anonymous says:

I know I have read it to in kjv. It was a topic before and I know I found it. I thought it said,,,, before the end of time you won’t be ablle to tell the seasons. ,,,, but what it says is,,,,,, you won’t be able to look outside and tell the seasons by the leaves on the trees.

• novelistcd says:

Anonymous, do you recall the exact scripture? If you remember then please leave in a comment or email me. Merry Christmas!

11. Yvonne says:

I used to have bible studies, studying the book of revelations, it stated that you would not be able to tell the seasons apart. I can’t locate that scripture anymore. Can anyone else?

• Yvonne, so far, nobody has been able to find the scripture for me. If you can find it, then I’ll send you a free book. No, I have not been able to find it! :-(

12. Emily says:

Cecila, you are certainly correct in what you say about the changes of seasons being a sign of the end of time. I have known about this ever since I was a teenaher of 17. The first time I noticed this sign was in 1949 in January when the peach trees and flowers bloomed in January in North Georgia. Every year or so since then there have been noticeable things blooming, etc. I always think about the end of time every time I see this happening. My grandmothers, grandfathers, unts and uncles would always say, it is getting near the end of time, and yes, it is in the Bible. I have seen it and I have read it, but not lately. When I find it again, you can make sure that I will record it. I am now 82 and 1/2 years old and you can be sure that you are correct on this. I will start looking again for this and will not give up. I read it in the King James version of the Bible.

• Emily, please let me know when you find the scripture. I’m wondering, if, maybe, other versions of the Bible say this scripture a bit differently than in the King James version and that’s why I’m having trouble finding it?? I blogged about this in 2009 – four years ago – and, so far, nobody has been able to find it.

• Emily, I forgot to mention that your example reminds me of something that happened recently. Back in April, it was like winter came to an end and summer had begun! What I mean is, usually, when winter ends (in Maryland) we go into cool spring weather. We had a massive heatwave in April and I can’t recall this happening before! We had temperatures into the nineties and everything bloomed early. The pollen count was high and most who suffered from seasonal allergies suffered earlier this year because of the heat wave and early blooming plants.

Don’t forget to let me know when you find the scripture. I look for it, too.

• JAMES eVERETT says:

This scripture does not exist; at least not in the Bible. It is a prophecy given by the famed Nostridomius.

13. Jami says:

As far as I know, Scripture is clear that the seasons will never cease as long as the earth remains.

Genesis 16:22

14. Jami, are you saying that we should read Genesis 16:22 – that is the scripture which you are quoting? Genesis, chapter 16, only has 16 verses? Does your comment contain a typo?

• LOWELL says:

they are referring to genesis 8:22…as long as the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest , and cold and heat , and summer and winter , and day and night shall not cease

15. Hannah Lewis says:

Look at Mark 13 and on!

• Hi, Hannah

I just read the chapter you referenced in Mark. Also read a similar account in Matthew and Luke. Not really what I was looking for, but, interesting reading. Those three scriptures do reference changes/signs for the end of times. I do see that there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars. I did see that we should hope that this does not occur during the winter months. Jesus also mentions that when you see the leaves sprouting on the fig tree, you know that summer is near, so, when these things happen, you’ll know that the Kingdom of God is near.

Here’s the full scriptures about the End Of The Age/Times:

Luke: 21:5-38
      Mark – Chapter 13
      Matthew: 24:1-51

• Jan says:

I’m LDS and I know I’ve read it too, as have others and we can’t find it either, though we all know it’s one of the signs. While searching to see if anyone else found it, I stumbled on another faith’s website that said the gig tree represents Jerusalem and the branches and bus represent the Jews returning. There been a lot of that lately and it’s expected to increase as they reclaim the land they lost after the crucifixion and bring scattered.
        Great blog btw. Were all brothers and sisters no matter what religion.

16. Blake says:

There are no scriptures that state you will not be able to distinguish the seasons from one another in the end times.
    It is talked about as fact but does not exist.

17. Judy Ashby says:

My mother used to tell me “you will only know the seasons by the leaves on the trees’ I searched it and could only come up with this quote This “not knowing the seasons except by the leaves” concept is not biblical, coming from Understanding End Times Prophecy by Paul Benware

18. Hi, Judy

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comment and your book recommendation!

19. Brian says:

Dan 2:17-23
    17 Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions:
    18 That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
    19 Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
    20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
    21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
    22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
    23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king’s matter

• Hi, Brian!

Thanks for commenting! I don’t feel like this is the scripture that I was seeking, but, as it says, He changeth the times and the seasons…I’m wondering if this means that you wouldn’t be able to tell which season is which, kinda like I was referring to in my blog post? Like, will it be 90 degrees in the middle of winter on the East Coast?

Feel free to visit other Biblical topics here:

• Anonymous says:

This was the scriptures I was thinking of because Daniel is interpreting the dream of King Nebuchadnezzar and he does mention the end times (Amplified Bible). I live in Florida and we are having tornados and that’s not normal and in January the normal rainfall for January is 1.6 something inches but this year we have had over 10 inches of rain and our weather people have said Florida has Never had this much rain in January since they started keeping track which is considered historical. The Bible may not say it exactly the way we want it to, but myself, I believe the weather does play a big part as so many other things going on in the world that aren’t exactly spelled out word for word in the Bible
      Rosanne

• Hi, Roseanne

I’m familiar with the scripture in Daniel. Yes, the weather can be weird sometimes, but, I feel like I was looking for a more direct scripture regarding the weather. The blog post to which you commented was written back in 2009. It’s now 2016 and we’re still not in the end times, yet, meaning, no big event has happened. It’s possible that the scripture that I’m seeking is simply an urban legend? Not sure!

20. Earthgal says:

This “not knowing the seasons except by the leaves” concept is not biblical. In fact, there are verses in the Bible which actually teach the opposite. Genesis 8:22 declares, “As long as the earth endures, seed-time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”

Evidently, it comes from the “3 Days of Darkness” prophecy of Padre Pio, a Roman Catholic priest. The exact quote appears to be, “You will know when that time is approaching because the seasons will change so the only way you will know the seasons is by the leaves on the trees.”

21. Anonymous says:

Its in the book of Enoch

22. Tina says:

There are many other books that man removed that were once “the bible”. Books found later as well. We shouldn’t omit these.

23. Linda M. says:

I found this site by trying to find this scripture myself. I always thought that I had read this in the Bible.
    I have exhausted every reference to seasons and used concordances and can’t find it anywhere.
    Zechariah 14:6-7
    And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
    But it shall be one day which shall be known to The Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
    This states that the days and nights will be confused but does not mention the seasons. I am sure they would be confused but like You, I am searching for a different scripture. I am close to believing that it isn’t there.Take care

24. Francessca says:

You can’t tell the seasons but by the blooming of the trees. You can’t tell the seasons but by the blooming of the trees. I have heard this all my life. I have heard this all my life. Something That came to mind on this glomey May morning. So I started to do a little research when I came across your question. And realize that this needed to be broken down. First the season refers to the end time the coming of Christ our Lord and Savior. When will that season be in the spoken of in Matthew 24. Matthew speaks of the signs and things we are to all look out for in order to know when the time is near. Let’s break down one passage Matthew 24: 32 now learned a parable from the fig tree when his branch is yet tender he put forth leaves you know that summer is nigh: We no this to be a parable Jesus states it in the beginning of the sentence . ( parable meaning : A statement or comment that conveys a meaning indirectly by the use of comparison, analogy, or the like.) so if we look at this just as he Said as a parable, when his branches is yet tender. Who’s branches? The figtree? NO because it’s a parable. John 15: I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
    2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
    3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
    4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
    5 I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing.
    6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
    7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
    8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
    9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
    10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
    11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
    12 ¶ This is my commandment, That ye love one another, Joh. 13.34 ; 15.17 · 1 Jn. 3.23 · 2 Jn. 5.1–0.1 as I have loved you.
    13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
    14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
    15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
    16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
    17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

This tells us who the vine is Jesus, and we his people are the branches. Next part of the parable, when his branch is yet tender.

1. soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough: ready to receive his word, John 15:5 I am the vine you are the branches he that abides in me and I am him the same bring it forth much fruit for without me you can do nothing. Through the Scriptures Jesus is telling us what to look for when his time is near. He through the Scriptures Jesus is telling us what to look for when his time is near tells us to stay in his word so that we will not fall in to untruths. Now back to the original text. Now back to the original text. You will not know the seasons but by the blooming of the trees. In other words, you will not know his coming but by his people. For his people Will have stayed in him and his word and know when his time is near. Stay in the word and be blessed.

25. Anonymous says:

My mother-in-law was just speaking of this yesterday and I, of course, came home to look it up on the computer. Now I find it probably does not even exist. Funny how so many have heard of the seasons running together but no one seems to be able to locate it.

• Hi, Anonymous!

Yes, it’s stunning that several people have mentioned this “scripture” yet, no one has been able to find it! If you read through the comments, you’ll see that some of provided scriptures to me, but, the provided scriptures are not the verses that I’m seeking!

If you ever find it, then, please let me know!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Fourth of July holiday! :-)

26. shelia says:

IT WAS FOUND!!!
    DANIEL 2:21 says GOD “CHANGETH THE TIMES AND THE SEASONS:”

THIS is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!
    God changed the time and now He is changing the seasons!
    GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! :-)

27. Merrilee Betts says:

I’m sorry to burst your bubble, but Daniel 2:21 only states that God makes time change and seasons change. It is not a prophecy, simply a statement of fact about the Lord being in charge of everything that is. The seasons changing prophecy is a mis-interpretation of a statement made in “Three Days of Darkness”. It has been attributed to Padre Pio, but that also appears to be a mistake. Probably millions of us have heard this our entire lives, and believed it was scriptural. It is NOT SCRIPTURAL. I hope I have helped bring some light to this issue, albeit a long time after the initial question was posed.

• Hi, Merrilee
      Thanks for commenting. Daniel 2:21 was not the scripture that I was seeking – but I realize you are responding to Sheila’s comment. I’ve never heard of Three Days of Darkness nor have I heard of Padre Pio. I’ll have to Google both and research them! Have a blessed evening!

28. William says:

This is so strange. I too was looking for the scripture in the bible that referred to this prophesy and ended up here. I can not find it. Matter of fact, all most all of the first page searches from main search engines come back the same. It is like i am crazy and have lost my mind. I KNOW i read this before.. (not just something i grew up hearing, as i did not grow up with religion.)It is frustrating because i KNOW the meaning of what i read but cant seem to remember the “words” to search the bible for. I understand the “meaning” of what i read to be that the weather will be so “weird” and out of the ordinary “norm” that if a person was to say, wake up from a long coma and walk outside, the weather would not be an accurate means by which to tell what time of year it is. (it may be winter, but the temp/weather would make the person think spring for example) As i search my memory of what the words were, i think of something along the line of the trees/animals or something will be confused. (and no it is not the parable of the fig tree) although the parable of the fig tree Jesus spoke about MIGHT be referring back to something mentioned in the Old Testament. Somewhere that something “MAYBE” along the lines of a tree giving her fruit but in the wrong time because the tree is confused because the weather is screwed up. That trees will “misfire” and bloom in the wrong season… It is also frustrating because people cite Genesis as a counter to this, which is citing seasons as a general rule. (i mean if one lives at the north pole, seasons are irrelevant, yet “the Earth” still has seasons) The Earth still goes around the Sun etc. This passage had nothing to do with that, but had to do with weather being so different that the plants Blossomed/bloomed at the wrong time. Cecelia, if it is found please email the verse.

29. Tia says:

It is there because I reas with my own eyes . I too cannot find it . Which lead me here . None of the scriptures furnished here were it. When I find it I will return.

30. Christie mefferd says:

I too remember hearing this when I was a child. I do not believe that everyone has heard the same thing and it not be in the kjv bible. I’m from Sylacauga Alabama and this was taught to me as a child and I’m 42 now but I have never read the book of revelations cover to cover yet but that’s where I was told it was in. Looking all over on Facebook from James span all over has floods,snow,blizzards, hot cold . The bible is fulfilling itself no doubt. I’ll try to let you know where it is in the bible if I find it. I was trying to find it using the Internet when I came across this. It’s confermation.end of time is near. With all of us hearing the same thing as a child it’s got to be there and that was what I was about to share on Facebook but I was trying to find it first.

31. Bruce Terris says:

Wow a friend and I where talking about this last night and I made the statement that God tells us that in the last days you will not be able to thing which the season. Well she said I have never read that and that what has brought me here. I have Heard this quote throughout my life, but now thanking have I ever read this for my self or have I just took it from what has been said by many people throughout my life . This makes me think about a story that I was told not to long ago about a little girl That asked her mom why she cut off the ends off the ham and her mothers said she done it because that’s what her mom did, so of course the little Girl called her grandmother to ask her why she cut off the ends of the ham and her grandmother replied because that’s what my mother did. So wanting to know she called her Great grandmother and ask her why do you cut off the ends of the ham and her great-grandmother replied because I needed to cut them off so that the ham could fit in the pan. The moral of the story is that some times we repeat things because this is what we have seen others do or say. So it’s looks like I am guilty of this because I have assumed that this was true because of hearing it so many times that God said in the last days that you will not be able to distinguish the season .

32. Anonymous says:

It is not scripture, it is just one of those sayings we all have heard or thought we read, the scripture states the opposite, Gen-8:22, and Acts 1:7, Matt-24:32-33, Have a happy New Year

33. regina scott says:

It is not scripture, just a saying we have heard or thought we read, Genesis 8:22, Acts 1:7,Jer 33:20-25, and Matt 24:32-33. Have a Happy New Year.

• Regina, thanks for commenting. Those were not the scriptures that I was seeking. I still don’t understand why we have this saying if there is no scripture to support it. Thanks again for responding and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

34. Lyndsey says:

I have been reading the comments and all the information and I read Zechariah 14:8 I found the end of that verse interesting to where it says “it shall continue in summer as winter”. Just thought I’d share, my husband’s mother has told my husband Myles this his whole life and I have been reading revlations and hasn’t found it and searched and found this forum. thanks for all the good verses!

• Lyndsey, thanks so much for commenting and for sharing that scripture. It’s not the one that I’m seeking, but, so glad you shared it anyway! I, too, have read Revelations and could not find what I was looking for. I believe the first time I’d heard about this was when I was in college. My friend and I were eating in the dining hall, and she’d mentioned that during the last days that you wouldn’t be able to tell the seasons apart – she’d mentioned that it was in Revelations. I thought it was interesting, and then heard it from others, but, so far, no scripture!

Oh well, Happy New Year!

35. Anonymous says:

Isn’t that something that everyone feels that they have read this in the scriptures but no one can pin point which scriptures I thought it was in the four gospels or revelations too and can not find it. I’m going to ask my Pastor is that scripture or not and see what he says

• Anonymous,

Please let us know what your Pastor says regarding this scripture. I’m starting to think it’s an urban legend/old wives’ tale? But, I feel like I’ve read it before! That’s what’s so troubling to me! If it existed, I’d think that it could be fairly easy to find by using a simple Google search!

36. Carmena Hudson says:

Dear Cecelia,
    I too as a young girl remember hearing this saying over and over. The reason it has taken so long and no one can find it scriptually is because it DOES NOT exist. This saying originated from Padre Pio, a Roman Catholic priest.
    Gen.8:22
    Matt.24:32-33
    Jeremiah 33:20-25
    These scriptures speak of the day and night and the seasons. All of which are contrary to Padre Pio’s saying.
    Or more like Pio’s saying is contrary to the Word of God. The bible teaches against false prophets and their doctrines. We as the body of Christ must read the Word ourselves. The things I have stayed here I have researched and the scriptures I quoted, I have read. I pray this helps and may the Lord continue to bless his followers.
    Sisters in Christ,
    C. Hudson

37. b says:

This idea comes from a prophecy of a Roman Catholic priest named Padre Pio (“3 Days of Darkness”). It is not Biblical. Also, many will tie Daniel 2:21 together with Daniel 7:25 to indicate that the Anti-Christ will attempt to change the “seasons” during the end times. Both passages use the same Hebrew word zeman as time or season and the tie in is usually based on this.

• Thanks for commenting, B. I believe another commenter(sp?) mentioned Padre Pio. I’ll need to Google him and find some specific references. Seems like, I recall reading this in the Bible, but, I’m probably mistaken. Someone mentioned it to me in college and I just probably thought I read it.

Regarding Daniel, I recall during my horrible stint with the Jehovah’s Witnesses that they used that scripture to “predict” Armageddon. It was so convoluted and that scripture was tied to other scriptures. It was a nightmare!